DAY 1 – MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020
BANK FINANCE & SHIPPING – IS BANK FINANCE STILL THE MAIN PROVIDER OF CAPITAL TO SHIPPING?
The panel will discuss the changing landscape in bank finance, the role of traditional banks and of new market entrants. Also, the interaction between traditional bank finance and Chinese Leasing. Is bank finance still available to medium and small owners and at what cost? What do the Poseidon Principles mean for the banks and the shipping companies?
Moderator: Mr. Hoyoon Nam, Partner – Seward & Kissel
- Fang Xiuzhi, Head of Shipping Finance – Bank of Communications Financial Leasing Co., Ltd.
- Shreyas Chipalkatty, Global Head of Shipping – Citi
- Evan Cohen, Managing Director & Group Head of Maritime Finance – CIT
- Evan W. Uhlick, Head of Ocean Industries, North America – DNB
- Bill Guo, Executive Director, Shipping – ICBC Financial Leasing