Spirit Energy’s new North Sea gas discovery at ‘lower end of expectations’

Oil and gas company Spirit Energy has proved a natural gas discovery in the targeted Carboniferous sandstones of its Andromeda North well located in the UK North Sea, but the discovery is at the “lower end of expectations.”

The Andromeda North is located in license P2128, Block 42/12, in the Southern North Sea where Spirit is the operator with a 55% interest and Hague and London Oil (HALO) is a partner with the remaining 45% interest.

The well was spud on Monday, July 29, 2019, using…

View entirety: Offshore Energy Today